Speak up against Gatwick growth
Charlwood Parish Council
Leaflets are being delivered to residents in Charlwood and Hookwood urging households to send in their objections to the Gatwick expansion proposals.
Under the banner 'Gatwick's Big Enough', the poster spells out graphically the dire consequences of Gatwick winning approval for its plan to make regular use of the Emergency Runway.
- Increased passenger numbers to 76,000,000 a year
- Increased flights to 390,000 annually
- Increased Noise – ground and under the flight path, both near and far
- Increased Air Pollution
- Increased rail and road traffic – around the airport and local villages
- Increased carbon emissions
- Heavy construction work 24/7 for five years solid and continuing construction work over the next 15 years
- 18,000 additional car parking spaces
Residents are urged to object to the proposal before the deadline of 1st December in one of two ways:
1) By completing the online consultation at: https://magpielanding.traverse.org.uk/surveys/gatwicknorthernrunwayconsultation
2) Emailing your objection to email@example.com
Whichever option you choose it's a good idea to also send your comments to the MP for Mole Valley, Sir Paul Beresford, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He can then demonstrate to the government department responsible for making the final decision of the strength of feeling in the community.
For more detailed information on the Charlwood Parish Council and GACC websites please follow the link below:
To sum up: Helyn Clack, Surrey County Council Chair and a resident of Charlwood, says both Charlwood and Hookwood will be "annihilated" if the expansion plans are given the green light.
PROTEST in the strongest terms and play a part in helping to stop the Gatwick growth. The future of your children and your children's children depends on YOU speaking out.
- 01306 881942
Find Charlwood Parish Council
Charlwood Sports & Community Centre, 43 The Street, Charlwood, Horley, Surrey, RH6 0BY